BrewBQ Announces Beer and Hard Soda Vendors
NOBLESVILLE (June 2, 2017 updated) – The Noblesville Rotary Club announced that The Bier Brewery, Big Lug Canteen and Garden Party Botanical Hard Soda will be on tap at the second annual Noblesville “BrewBQ” taking place on Saturday, August 19 at Federal Hill Commons.
"We're excited to welcome back The Bier Brewery for another year" said Craig Beougher, President-Elect of the Noblesville Rotary Club. "Adding Big Lug Canteen and Garden Party Botanical Hard Soda to the lineup will be a great addition to the event."
The Bier Brewery has won multiple medals at prestigious brewing competitions, including The Indiana Brewers’ Cup, the Great American Beer Festival, and the World Beer Cup. "Award-winning Bier Brewery is the perfect beer to pair with BBQ." said Tamre Mullins with Craft Beer. "They've knocked it out of the park with everything from their highly sessionable Kolsch to their sought-after limited release pumpkin ale. I can't think of a better brewery to partner with the Noblesville BrewBQ."
Big Lug Canteen opened in 2015 and is owned by local restaurateur, Ed Sahm. They won first place in the Belgian and French Ale category at the Indiana State Fair Brewers’ Cup in 2016. "Irreverent on social media and brewing fantastic beers, that sums up Big Lug," said Mullins. "Their beers are unique and delightful. I can't recommend their hoppy wheat, Quintana, enough."
A newcomer on the scene, Garden Party Botanical Hard Soda, was named Innovation of the Year winner in 2016 from Beverage Industry Magazine. Garden Party Botanical co-founder and president, Erin Edds is known for co-founding the award-winning Hoosier Momma Bloody Mary Maker in 2010.
The BrewBQ will feature an amateur BBQ competition and music throughout the evening from Fishers Switch Vibe from 4-6pm and That’s What She Said from 7-9pm. For the competition portion, there will be awards from a panel judges as well as an award based on votes by BrewBQ attendees.
For those interested in participating in the cook-off or event sponsorship, registration and more details are available below.
Tickets are on sale now for the advance price of $45 or $35 for the Designated Driver ticket on Eventbrite. Tickets will be available for $50 at the gate the day of the event. Tickets include unlimited beer, BBQ, and hard soda from 4pm-9pm. The Designated Driver ticket features water and soda instead of beer. Sales from the event will benefit local students who attend Noblesville’s Ivy Tech campus.
About The Noblesville Rotary Club
The Rotary Club of Noblesville was formed in 1955 to contribute to the Noblesville and Cicero communities. The club has directly impacted the local community over the years - most recently starting a scholarship program for Ivy Tech Community College, sponsoring exchange student cultural programs, children's literacy initiatives and assisting the Humane Society's Pets for Vets program. The Rotary Club of Noblesville also regularly welcomes distinguished speakers on a variety of topics
Follow us on Facebook:
- Gold $1000
- Ten (10) tickets, a booth, and advertising on Sponsorship banner, Website, Social Media, Print, and Announced at Event
- Silver $500
- Four (4) tickets and advertising on Sponsorship banner, Website, Social Media, and Print
- Bronze $250
- Two (2) tickets and advertising on Sponsorship banner and Social Media
Cook-off contestant FAQ's
- The meat is provided for the BBQ contestants.
- Samples must be ready for judging at 4pm.
- No trailered, custom rigs allowed. Only mass market grills or ugly drum smokers (USD's).
- Must provide own cooking utensils, cooking fuel and fire extinguisher.
- Only approved cooking fuels are wood, charcoal or wood pellets.
- All serving tables, utensils and paper goods are provided.
- Teams will consist of 1 to 4 people max that are 21 years of age and older.
- Judging will be by a local celebrity panel utilizing a blind judging method as well as an award for people's choice ribs and people's choice chicken.